I think I have found a way to get my older kids motivated about chores. I have tried many different types of checklists. They always work for a week or so, and then fizzle out. Well, in my search to find something better I found this. I am very excited about using Handipoints as a resource. It is a virtual chore chart (you can also print it if you want). You sign your child up, assign chores on a chart you create, then they are assigned their own cartoon cat. With each completed task that they check off, they earn points that they can use to build a house and get clothes and accessories for their cat. Both Anna and Ryan love doing things on the computer so I think this will be a great way to encourage them. Oh, there are also demerits that you can assign (which take off points) for things like fighting, being mean to siblings, not listening, etc.
We let our kids go on the Internet but only under supervision. We use FireFox Glubble. If you have never heard of it I encourage you to check it out, it is a safe way for kids to use the Internet. They can only view sites you allow. The Internet can be a great tool, but we choose to use it carefully.
*I am not being paid to endorse these programs. They are just tools that we have found that work for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment